Thursday, December 18, 2008

Vacation!!

Well I know this is long overdue!! I had this all typed out a few days ago & was working on changing the background too...well the program I was using for the header decided to close all my web browsers so I lost the blog I wrote!! Grrrrr

Anyway, we had a blast in California!! we hit a few bumps in the road to get there (figuratively)!! This last one almost cost us the trip again!! Zada needed shots to get boarded so we could go...well stupid Banfield gave her some shot she never had before & she got a bad allergic reaction!!! UGH!! $300 later we weren't sure if we were going to be able to go!! We did figure out a way to go & I'm glad we did!! We needed to get away from here for a bit & go enjoy one of our favorite placed to visit...DISNEYLAND!!!
We went to Disneyland twice, the first visit was around 6pm-ish the day we got there (Friday the 5th). We went then because Disney was closing that park for family night (which Taylor went to with my dad...it was a Cast Member thing & he could only bring 2 ppl. So he took his wife & Taylor). I wanted to watch the fireworks & do a few extra things so we didn't have to worry about doing them on Monday (the 2nd day we went)!! Monday we only missed 2 things...the Pixar parade (which I was really bummed about) & the High School Musical 3 show...I really just wanted to get it on video but oh well!! We did some things we normally do & a lot of things we have never done!! Each time we go I try to find something we can do that we've never done with all the times we've been there!! There's lots of new things coming in the next few years so I'm sure we'll never be bored!! At the end of our Monday trip we went shopping on Main Street at closing time to get the things we wanted from that park...then we headed over to California Adventure to get some clam chowder!! MMMmmmmmm I LOVE that stuff!! Afterwards, due to the large shopping bag we decided to just find a place to chill out & take in the scenery!!
This is the scenery we took in!!

On Saturday (the 6th) we went to Knott's Berry Farm! The Marines were there doing their Toys for Tots drive & if you brought a toy worth $10 or more you would gain admission into the park!! We had a great time!! It was something different we've NEVER done before due to the fact we rarely have the money so this was a great opportunity!! Unfortunately my camera started dying mid day so I didn't get as many pictures as I did at Disney!! I wish I could have recorded the ice show but when I started to take pictures of the show...that's when my camera battery bit the dust!! UGH!! That was irritating!! We went on Ghostrider (a wooden coaster) after the show & let me tell you...I HATED it!! It would have been so fun if it wasn't so damn bumpy & gave me a headache!! We did go on other rides but that was the one I'll never be going on again!! The park was fun because it had lots for all of us to do!! Just the lines were so long due to the admission price!!



My camera died shortly after this was taken!! =(
Sunday we did "Christmas day" at my dad's with dinner & presents!! It was also a nice wind down day!! I don't we would have made it if we went non stop all weekend long!!
**I will post more pics & some video's a little later!! I just wanted to hurry up & get this up so I can move on to other blogs!!**
Tinkerbell as she greeted us in front of the
Disneyland park main entrance (after you're
in)

0 comments: