I went into the new local library today on my way home from the bank!! Taylor's doing a report for school & it needs to be on someone who has a biography (which after looking thru that section....almost EVERYONE has one)!!! Well, before I made it back where the books are I stopped by the front desk to go ahead & get a library card. There was a woman approaching the counter as I was getting to the desk so I waited. Well while I was there I over heard the woman behind the counter say that there is a monthly fee (or yearly depending on how you want to pay) for the card if you live on the Pinal County side!! I was like "Did I hear her correctly?!?? We have to pay?" Well they were chit chatting a bit much & I was getting tired of waiting (especially if I was going to have to turn around & leave because I didn't have any money with me) so I was looking around the desk to see if there was a sign explaining what the woman behind the counter was talking about & how much it would be!!
I found this little printed out sign on the desk saying: "As of Sept. 1st 2008, there would be a fee for those who were 'Non-Residents' which would be about ('cause I can't remember the EXACT amount) $5.00 a month or $50.00 for the year!!" Now that may not seem like a lot but come on....who make ppl pay for a LIBRARY CARD?!?? I thought those were FREE!!! Plus if you're going to make ppl who live outside of the county line pay, then you should call it the MARICOPA COUNTY LIBRARY...not the QUEEN CREEK LIBRARY!!! We live in QC too & the really messed up part is that we live right on the border of the 2 counties!!!
I don't know what kind of messed up crap this city is trying to pull?!? It's almost like the city of Queen Creek doesn't recognize that WE live in Queen Creek!!! They're treating us "Pinal County side" like we're "dirty rats infesting their city"!!! We're technically not even in Queen Creek, there's actually no name for where we are right now just that it's "state land"!! So if the city of Queen Creek didn't want to expand, then why are we considered "Queen Creek"?!?? We should have had another name for us!! It's not like the land isn't big enough!! Instead of expanding us into Queen Creek & expanding the ppl 10 to 15 miles from us into Florence (which is another 10 to 15 miles from the actual Florence)...they should have made us some other town!! Then maybe we'd have our own stuff like libraries that we didn't have to pay for, or our own post office that we didn't have to share with all the "QC" ppl!!! The new Target store that was suppose to go in behind the house we just moved from wouldn't have had so many problems that came from the city of Queen Creek trying to rob them with city taxes & such which in turn stopped ANY stores from going in there!!
Well I could go on but I will stop!! The only good thing is that once the new hospital is built, they have to pay a fee to use it!! This is hospital is to help support Pinal county residents due to all the hospitals (in Maricopa) being at least 30 mins away!!!
Thanks for reading my rant!!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Paying for a Library card?!?!???
Posted by Noelle at 3:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment